At a glanceMatrix Light 2 is the latest version of the outstanding multi-functional Matrix Light, the evolution of the award-winning classic Matrix. It is the only infant car seat on the market (patented) that offers the option of safely travelling with baby in the sitting up or lying down position in your car, especially recommended by health officials for long journeys.
Features and benefits for Jané Matrix Light Car Seat - Memories
- The Matrix Light 2 is an evolution of the original classic Matrix and is the only infant car seat on the market (patented) that offers the option of safely carrying your baby sitting up or lying down, both positions approved for travelling in the car
- This Latest Version,The Matrix Light 2, is compatible with an option ISOFIX Base - the Matrix Platform allows for even easier and quickier installation in either the lie-flat or sitting-up positions in the car
- It's 20% lighterand has a more spacious interior than the previous Matrix versions
- Can be used as a carrycot and also for overnight sleeping when used with a mattress
- No Time Limits : Baby can initially travel lying down, helping his lungs to develop correctly and preventing any respiratory problems. This position, unlike conventional infant car seats, doesn't have any time restrictions that a newborn can travel in it
- Seat Belt Lock : The seat belt of the vehicle can be locked around the Matrix so it can be tightened to give more stability
- Universal: can be installed even in cars with shorter seat belts : low-routing
- Pro-fix system (Patented) - buttons on the handle control the handle position and allows you to unlock and lift the car seat off the chassis with just one hand
- No Need to use or buy extra awkward fitting kits that also require two hands to unlock
- One-pull safety harness for easily adjusting harness length
- Automatic harness height adjustment system - The 5 point integral harness is now very easily adjusted, just press a button and slide the lever to the correct height for your baby and the harness adjusts automatically. And because there's no need to undo and rethread the harness as you child grows, it therefore eliminates user error
- The backrest has a 4 position recline - to adapt to the infant's comfort. Two positions approved for use in the car under the safety regulations ECE R44/04
- 180 degree Lie-flat Position, Group 0, infant weight up to 10kg (approx birth to 9months). Ideal for longer journeys and especially the first 4 months of life when baby needs to sleep peacefully
- 138 degree Sitting-up Position, Group 0+, infant weight up to 13kg (approx birth to 18months). Ideal when baby is awake and wanting to play
- Ventilation holes in the shell, to avoid discomfort from perspiration
- Anti-Rotation device provides greater protection for your baby
Matrix Light 2 is the latest version of the outstanding multi-functional Matrix Light, the evolution of the award-winning classic Matrix. It is the only infant car seat on the market (patented) that offers the option of safely travelling with baby in the sitting up or lying down position in your car, especially recommended by health officials for long journeys.
This means that if your baby is sleeping in the Jané Matrix Light in the house he can be safely moved to the car, taken to the shops, and brought back home again without ever having to be moved or disturbed from sleep. It also delivers great value for money as it can be used 24/7 - for overnight sleeping when used with a mattress, just like a conventional carrycot, and for naps during the day, yet converts effortlessly into a car seat when required - giving you the best of both worlds at a fraction of the price.
Health officials and medical studies agree that to minimise periods of oxygen desaturation, newborn babies should be transported in a lay-flat system which is the healthiest way for them to travel especially on longer journeys. This position facilitates newborn respiration, nurtures the abdomen and aids optimal spinal development.
This new Matrix car seat offers greater depth and a larger interior making it more comfortable and, most importantly, safer in the event of an accident. The structure, along with the extra protection of the integral Polystyrene inner lining, acts as a protective barrier and shock absorber.
Newborn babies should ideally lie completely flat. As recommended by health officials, this position facilitates newborn respiration, nurtures the abdomen and aids optimal spinal development.
ENDORSED BY RECENT MEDICAL REPORTS
Not only is the Matrix's innovative design the response to all new parents who demand better adaptation of design to babies' delicate anatomy and their lifestyle, it is also endorsed by recent medical reports. The Matrix Light is JANÉ's solution to the risks raised by specialists, thanks to its world-patented system, giving your baby the best start in life.
YOUR BABY NEEDS THE SUPPORT OF A FLAT SURFACE ESPECIALLY WHEN SLEEPING
The Matrix caters for the first important months of your newborn baby's life with its healthier lie-flat position which can be used both in the car and on the chassis of the pram. It promotes the correct development of your baby's delicate back and respiration system and also helps prevent 'Oxygen Desaturation'.
Medical research has proven that in some very young babies (especially premature babies) kept in car seats for more than an hour can have depressed respiration and lower oxygen levels, simply because they need to lie flat to breathe more easily. This is known as oxygen desaturation.
The reasons for Oxygen Desaturation may be varied but include the fact that newborns cannot hold their head upright. When the head 'flops' their airways narrow and the lungs are less efficient if the chest diaphragm is restricted by the restraint straps.
Whilst safety of newborns must be a number one priority for parents choosing a car seat, it is important not to ignore the health implications associated with using rear-facing seats - particularly for lengthy journeys. It is for these reasons, along with our demanding lifestyles based around the use of the car, that Jané's Research and Design departments are focused in developing the most practical solutions for you and your baby which are both safe and healthy.
Fabric composition: 25% Polyamide, 75% Polyester
Care instructions: Sponge clean only
What's in the box
- 1 x Matrix Light 2 car seat
- 1 x Matrix Light apron
- 1 x Matrix Light hood